How is Lemon Water Detox Done?
Lemon water detox is possibly the easiest way to cleanse your body. Lemon juice has natural properties that can cleanse, improve the digestive system, fight infection, increase immunity and even reduce the effects of premature aging.
Prepare several ripe lemons; you need about a lemon per day and possibly 7 ripe lemons for a week of lemon water detox. Before starting the detox process, aim to improve your detox by avoiding certain foods and beverages.
Remember to :
- Give your digestive system a break by avoiding foods that stay longer in the colon and could affect your detox process. Avoid meats, eggs, poultry, dairy products and grains.
- Avoid drinks like alcohol, coffee, sodas and other carbonated beverages.
- Avoid sweets and other simple carbohydrates for the time being.
And while you are cleansing your system with lemon water, try to relax and pamper yourself as well. Read a book, get a massage, a facial or simply sleep to allow your body to recuperate faster.
Now, steps on how to prepare lemon water detox:
- Choose organic lemons for your detox. Wash lemons first then wipe with a clean cloth.
- Cut a slice of lemon; remember to slice thinly and to cut only the piece that you will use. Keep the rest in a covered container and place the container inside the refrigerator.
- Fill a tall glass of ice water; place a thin slice of lemon in the glass and allow the juice to flavor the water slowly.
- Drink the entire glass of lemon water and then fill the glass with cold water again using the same lemon slice. Drink this lemon water from time to time until you have finished the entire glass.
- Drink as much as 10 to 12 glasses of lemon water in a day. Use a fresh lemon slice when the slice looks wrinkled or withered.
In between your water lemon drink, you may eat fruits and vegetables rich in fiber. Fiber will help the body sweep away toxins and harmful microorganisms from the colon. Fruits may be taken as they are or prepared as a salad or used in purees, jams and smoothies. On the other hand, veggies are also rich in fiber and other than eating vegetables raw, you may eat them as a salad, dipped in low fat sauces, or in soups. Veggies may be steamed which retains their delicious flavor and nutrients.
Along with eating fruits and vegetables, a person who uses lemon water detox must also include rest and relaxation in his detox plans. It’s important that a person that would like to make this detox technique a regular part of his life to review his lifestyle choices. Quitting smoking, reducing alcohol intake, making wise food choices and taking time to review calories in food will all help lead you to manage your regular detox with lemon water. Make lemon water a regular part of your family members’ diet as well by starting a lemon detox weekend.