Tips on How to Follow a Lemon Detox Diet
The lemon detox diet is taking so many dieters aback with its ability to reduce up to 10 pounds of unwanted fat in just two to three weeks. There are even online testimonials on how effective and how easy this diet plan is.
It is basically using the natural properties of lemon to aid in the cleansing and the therapeutic process of restoring your body to its health. You will efficiently remove toxins and reduce unwanted fat easily when you follow the lemon detox diet to a T.
However, some people who have used the lemon detox diet felt sluggish and had lack of energy after the first and second day. Could this diet be just another fad diet? Here are tips on how to survive the lemon detox diet plan:
How to Follow a Lemon Detox Diet
- You don’t really have to cut down on eating or starve yourself when you are using the lemon detox. You just need to replace foods that you usually eat with healthier food options like fruits and vegetables. Beverages that you usually take will be replaced with lemon on cold water.
- Make sure you are drinking very cold water since taking very cold water is known to stimulate the metabolism naturally. Cold water also makes lemon juice taste better since lemon is very sour. Adding one to two tablespoons of honey will improve the taste of sour lemon juice. Adding a pinch of cayenne pepper also helps boost your metabolism and will give this drink an extra zing!
- Drink an 8oz glass of lemon detox for 6 to 8 times in a day. Proponents of this diet say that it is okay to feel weak and lightheaded in the first few days. This is actually a sign that your body is removing toxins efficiently. You will be surprised that after the third or fourth day you will feel better and with more energy.
- For optimum results, make sure you stick to the allotted time. Don’t lose hope when you don’t get results after a week or two. Results vary differently, some may lose weight immediately after two weeks while others may lose a few and continuously shed unwanted weight after the second week.
- Use only natural lemon juice and not prepared or imitation lemon juice. These products do not have the natural properties that are important in real lemons. If possible, pick organic lemons since these do not have chemicals like fertilizer or pesticides.
- In using the lemon detox diet, keep to a low calorie diet. Do not eat foods that contain preservatives and additives since these will only contain hidden calories that will affect your weight loss or diet management.
- Finally, this diet plan is not for everyone. If you have a medical condition, consult your doctor beforehand. If you feel unusual or very tired even after the first week then discontinue this diet; consult a dietician for the best diet for your condition.
“Follow a Lemon Detox Diet”